Tuesday, September 14, 2010

When In Rome, Er, Texas...

So, you already know I ventured to Texas in May/June for some family time. What you don't know is that I managed to break away for a long weekend and hang out with all my best horse-friends at one of my favorite places. Sans horses (picture my sad face), I loaded up and headed west to Livermore Ranch near Ft. Davis, TX for our 2nd Annual LRCA Horse Holiday (Livermore Ranch Cowgirls Association). I received, in my case, a long-awaited and much-needed warm TX welcome from my girls. There were hugs all around and then it was down to business...horses, margaritas, sunsets, karaoke, fellowship, and all the good things I miss about home. I borrowed a couple of horses, including one who I am trying to convince the hubby we are in desperate need of...Bailey's half-brother, whose full brother is, with his owner, ranked 18th in the nation in competitive trail riding. He is a doll! On my way through Alpine to the ranch, I got to stop at another of my favorite places, Big Bend Saddlery. Of course, I stocked up on a few things...what girl wouldn't?!? :) It is really hard to find quality "good, using gear" in my part of the world, but I'll save that topic for a later blog post.

The weekend ended far too soon and I left hoping I can make it back for our 3rd Annual shin-dig next year. I think aside from my family, my Texas horse girlfriends are who I miss most. I love you ladies! You gals are one-of-a-kind!

Margaritas and karaoke

Since my horses were at home in WA, I borrowed Monty...a pretty palomino gelding off the Quien Sabe Ranch.

Mt. Livermore...the view from the house patio (not too shabby)


Boomer...the half brother


This was the first time we has saddled Boomer and he was a perfect gentleman about it.




Me and the Mont


Trail ride!





All the girls...and our kick-a** t-shirts!


Nothing like a chuck wagon cowboy breakfast





Memorial Day tribute...Sunday devotional.





Me and one of my best-ies, Jen
Bandit on the right, Joey on the left


Me and Bandit


Bringing up the herd...it was quite a trek to do so. :)


Dolly enjoying a morning roll


Boomer's first ride (by us)...btw, HE IS FOR SALE TO A GOOD HOME!!! He is going to be a phenomenal horse and he has great breeding to boot!!!


3 horse siblings (from right to left)...Bailey, Sierra, Paddy Rey (also Boomer's half-siblings, for any interested parties) :)


Boomer


Pretty Sierra


Paddy Rey


Mt. Livermore from the chuckwagon

No comments: