Thursday, September 9, 2010

Finally, Some Good News

Ranger had another follow-up appointment today along with a new set of x-rays. Our vet says the x-rays showed significant improvement including good, new growth in the hoof wall, reduced inflammation in the coronary band area, and one better-feeling, more freely moving horse! He feels that if we continue as is, we should be able to get Ranger back to where he used to be. I am so relieved and after all the family drama going on lately, I am thankful for any kind of good news at this point. I wish I could see Ranger myself along with the x-rays, but I am still out of state with family since my grandmother passed a few weeks ago. Luckily, my boy is in good hands back home. Stay tuned...I will be blogging again very soon about an exciting new achievement I made with Miss Bailey as well as some new photos from our adventures in TX. Thank you to everyone who has been sending your positive thoughts, etc. Ranger's way. He must be feeling them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got good news - that's very encouraging!

Unknown said...

That truly IS great news! I've been thinking about Ranger often. Founder is one of the few horse diseases I haven't yet had a lot of personal experience with. Now that I've said that out loud, I feel a bit jinxed.. But anywho. Congrats on the recovery and I hope you get to hug him soon!