Sunday, March 16, 2008

Construction Zone!

Well, the barn is finally finished!!  Now the horses have some shade and just in time...it has been almost 100 degrees for the past 3 days.  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come!  With any luck the fence at the front of the property will be finished this week and Miss Bailey can get out of her corral and play!  
Bailey has really been feeling her oats the past couple of days.  Due to the awful heat and with still having her winter coat, I have been hosing her down several times a day.  She loves it and gets pretty frisky when she starts feeling a little cooler from her soaking.  When I go out to muck her corral, she will try desperately to play with me!  She rears up and bucks and kicks out at me all the while cantering around her corral.  She looks at me as if to say, "WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO PLAY?!?"  It is terribly cute!  She just doesn't understand why I CAN'T play with her that way!  Of course, whenever she is in this state, I never have my camera around.  However, I did catch her playing with the kitten who mysteriously appeared at the house a few weeks ago.  I managed to get a few seconds on camera...man o man...can you say COWY?!?!  She just gets better and better!!!

1 comment:

anmgal said...

Hey woman! I love the new addition to the property. I can't wait to come see it. I'll see ya tomorrow. I LOVE reading blogs. :)