Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Star-struck


I took a little sight-seeing day trip to Lincoln, NM yesterday with my parents. We went to check out the museums and all the Billy "The Kid" memorabilia. Little did I know I was in store for a surprise encounter with someone I admire far more than I could care about Billy Bonney. We started up the sidewalk of the old "Dolan House" in town to grab a little lunch at the historic home-turned-quaint cafe. As I approached the front porch, I noticed a cowboy sitting in a rocking chair. He greeted us with a friendly, "Hi, How are you folks?" And when I looked over and realized who I was talking to when I replied, "Great, How are you?"...I could hardly believe my eyes. It was 2010 Road to the Horse Champion, Craig Cameron!! I politely asked him if I could have my mom take our photo together, while trying not to make a big deal about it all. He was so nice and even stopped to visit with us again after we all had our lunch. There aren't too many other clinicians/world re-knowned horsemen that I think would take the time to genuinely visit with you and not think you are just another crazy horse person/fan. And he has a great smile! Kudos to Craig!


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hi Lindy, thanks for stopping at my blog!
Wow I love Crag Cameron, i seen him in Red Deer and he was so nice.