Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Birthday to Celebrate

I almost neglected to blog about this, but I am slowly getting around to catching up on everything so here goes.  13 years ago on Feb. 28 my sweet Scout was born.  Time sure does fly.  I can't believe I have been his human now for almost 7 years!  We sure have come a very long way together and I couldn't imagine life without him.  Gee, sounds like he is my first-born or something...well, most of the time it really does feel like that.  My horses are my children and Scout is my first true horse-love.  He has been the greatest teacher, therapist, and friend a gal could ask for and I hope to have many more years with him as my equine partner.  Anyone who knows me can attest to my attachment to this horse.  In a few days we are going to the vet to have a large lump on the left side of Scout's rump checked out.  I have to admit, I am secretly a bit terrified that it will turn out to be something horrific like cancer.  I know that I am probably just getting myself all worked up and it will end up being nothing, but I think I always subconsciously try to prepare myself for the worst when the future is unknown.  It is usually fleeting, but since I couldn't get him to the vet right away the fleeting worry keeps coming back around.  Send some positive thoughts our way, we sure could use 'em.  I will try my best to remember to blog about the results of our vet trip.  On to more cheerful things...A belated Happy Birthday Scout!  You are truly one in a million!


 Scout at 13





 Scout and I in the beginning (Scout at age 7)

No comments: