Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What's In a Name?!?

I have been checking AQHA.com every day since I discovered they deposited my checks for Bailey's registration and transfer to find out what her registered name is.  I normally just type in my first choice and for the past couple of weeks I keep getting the usual "horse does not exist" statement.  I even went to the post office this morning and...nothing.  Well, as it turns out even though I didn't get any papers in the mail, today WAS my lucky day.  I got home, sat down at the computer, went to AQHA's website and typed in my first name selection.  I almost fell out of my chair when the name popped up followed by "bay, mare, 06/02/2007".  I jumped up and ran outside screaming at David with the good news.  Finally, Miss Bailey is registered and in my name!  Why the big deal about a horse's name, you ask?  Well, of the 5 horses I have Bailey is the only one who I could obtain papers for and have in my name.  So, she is my first registered QH and I am so very proud of her!  This has been such an exciting journey for me and getting to pick her name and have her registered was a monumental occasion in my life.  Well, I guess I should tell you her name!  I wanted something that was truly representative of the great bloodlines she has, whether it was feminine or catchy or not...so, her name is "Colonels Whiskey Doc".  Can't wait to get those papers in the mail!!!

No comments: