Sunday, September 7, 2008

Goodness Gracious!

Well, I couldn't resist blogging again so soon since Miss Bailey just keeps on amazing me! Like I said last time, we have started working on riding/saddling prep. Today was the day I decided to try out the new "baby" cinch I bought for the bareback pad. First, I worked with Bailey for a while going through all the (Parelli) games and specifically working on improving each of them....making things a little bit snappier. She did fantastic with all of that so I figured it was time to try the pad. Again I rubbed it all over her from head to toe and then held the cinch (before tightening it up and securing it) under her belly and asked her to take a few steps. She was so nonchalant about the whole thing, which was so exciting! So, then I tightened the cinch. Everything was still kosher....then I asked her to move out on the circle. She walked in both directions, no problem! I then asked her to move up into a trot...still doing great! So then we tried the tell-all truth revealer, THE CANTER...AND.........she did great! No buck, no rear, no anything that she wasn't supposed to do!!! So far my proudest moment. Won't be long before we are riding!:) You'll have to excuse the pics...I had to take them with my phone's camera. They aren't the best, but it was all I had to capture the moment!

No comments: